Dicor RV Roof Renew Kit Description
Your RV is your home away from home. You might have had your RV for decades and need to touch up your roof, or you just bought an RV and want to save yourself from putting in a costly new roof. This Dicor RV Roof Renew Kit will leave your roof looking like new with this 3 step system that works on all RV’s up to 30 ft. long!
When you prepare to paint your house it can be a pain to buy all the products individually, rollers, tape, the list goes on and on. The same is true for a RV roof renew. Dicor has made the process easy for you by creating this all in one kit that has everything you need to have your RV roof looking like new for years to come, at one low price!
Included in this kit
(4) One gallon pails of Dicor EPDM Roof Acrylic Coating, (2) Quarts of Dicor Cleaner/Activator, (1) 4”x50’ roll of Coating-Ready Cover Tape, (1) Metal pan, (1) 9” paint roller, (2) 9” roller covers, (1) Roll of 1” masking tape and Easy-to-follow instructions
Dicor is a trusted name in the RV world, giving you quality repair parts for the do-it- yourself RVer. This Dicor roof coating contains no harmful petroleum distillates, harsh abrasives or citric ingredients that can cause irreparable harm.
This kit from Dicor comes with easy to read instructions that walk you through the three step process of a Dicor RV roof renewal. The three steps include cleaner activator, white acrylic coating and coating ready cover tape. You need each of these components to work together to give you a newer brighter roof that will protect your RV for many fun, adventure filled years.
3- Step Process
The cleaner activator cleans the EPDM roof while also activating the chemicals so the acrylic coating will bond onto your roof. It is similar to preparing to paint your home, if you do not primer then the paint will just flake off. This commercial grade chemical increases the bond of the acrylic coat.
Coating Ready Cover Tape
For this step you will use the Coating Ready Cover Tape to fill in holes or cracks before you apply the acrylic coating. By filling in the weak spots with this fabric backed sealing tape, you are increasing the strength of the roof and adding years to your roof life.
The tape is made of self-adhering EPDM rubber material and conforms to most shapes and surfaces, yet remains flexible and strong. Easy to use and peel, with a super strong grip. The cover tape seals on contact.
The last step is the acrylic coating that will protect your roof. Made of an acrylic elastomer – that is a synthetic rubber like material, that acts as a barrier covering your roof with a preservative coating. You apply two coats of this acrylic coating to your RV roof.
** Petroleum distillates and citric ingredients will damage an EPDM roof. Dicor's Roof Renew Kit DOES NOT contain these harmful chemicals but be aware that some other aftermarket kits do. Whichever product you choose be sure the products you use do not contain these harmful chemicals**
To demonstrate how easy the installation is for the Dicor roof renew kit, we have included the instructions below.
3 – Step Process Instructions
SURFACE INSPECTION AND PREPARATION:
1. Remove heavy deposits of dirt, leaves, pine needles and other debris using a broom or air blower. Any rocks or other large objects should also be removed.
2. Roof must be in good condition. Do not apply on pry able or brittle roofing. EPDM surface must be free of standing water, ice, snow, oils or grease at time of application.
3. Inspect roof carefully for cracks in the surface. These will need to be repaired later (see Coating Ready Cover Tape).
4. EPDM Cleaner/Activator is designed for use on rubber roofing surface only and may damage other exterior parts of RV. It is highly recommended that you secure plastic sheeting over entire sidewalls as well as front and rear end caps to protect them from possible damage. If EPDM Cleaner/Activator contacts any surface other than roof, it should be rinsed immediately.
Dicor Cleaner/Activator Application:
1. DANGER: May cause severe irritation of the eyes and skin, gastrointestinal irritation, nausea, vomiting and diarrhea. May burn muost skin. Prolonged or repeated breathing of vapor or spray mist may be harmful. Use a respirator for protection from vapor or spray mist. Wear chemical resistant gloves, splash proof goggles and rubber overshoes. Avoid eye and skin contact. Do not take internally. Wash thoroughly after handling and before eating or smoking. Keep container closed when not in use.
2.EPDM Cleaner/Activator is a ready-to-use material. It can be applied using a Hudson-type agricultural sprayer. Safety glasses with side shields and latex gloves are recommended when transferring EPDM Cleaner/Activator from the shipping container to the sprayer. Spray a fine mist that leaves roof damp. Adjust spray for weather conditions if necessary. If EPDM Cleaner / Activator is running off roof, you have used too much. If using a Hudson sprayer, adjust the spray nozzle to achieve a uniform spray pattern with a 3 to 4 foot arc. Application rate is 125 sq. ft. per quart over new or existing surfaces. Do not apply below 40 degrees F (4 degrees C).
3. Allow EPDM Cleaner/ Activator to stand a minimum of 15 minutes to wet out and react with the EPDM surface. For best results, rinse with clean water using a minimum 2,000 psi pressure washer. Begin the power rinse at the lowest point on the roof and work upwards, keeping the pressure washer tip within 12” of the EPDM surface. Once the highest point on the roof is reached, work down again with a final rinse to remove any excess dirt or debris from the roof. After cleaning, the roof should be “white” in color, which is an indication that the surface has been chemically altered. Allow surfaces to dry thoroughly prior to application of two coats of the Dicor Acrylic Coating
4. Clean equipment with water and biodegradable detergent. Purge the water from the pump and hoses using Mineral Spirits prior to storing for any length of time.
Coating Ready Cover Tape:
1. Roof must be cleaned with Cleaner/Activator prior to application of Coating Ready Cover Tape.
2. Any areas that are torn or cracked may now be repaired using the Coating Ready Cover Tape.
3. Peel off a few inches of the release liner and carefully position the Coating Ready Cover Tape before applying. Any attempt to reposition the tape after application will damage the material.
4. Apply pressure starting at the center of the tape and working towards the outside edges, removing any bubbles as you go. When finished, the edges should have no tunnels, openings or fishmouths.
5. Only apply Coating Ready Cover Tape to areas that are to be coated the same day.
Dicor Sure-Seal White Acrylic Roof Coating:
1. Using the masking tape provided, mask off roof edging to enable coating to be applied with a clean, straight edge. Also, mask other surfaces where you do not want coating to be applied.
2. Dicor White Acrylic Coating must be preceded with Dicor EPDM Cleaner/Activator to ensure proper adhesion (See Cleaner/Activator application). Cleaner/Activator must be removed by power washing prior to application of Acrylic Coating.
3. All surfaces must be clean and free of residue or loose particles, degraded substrate, grease, oil, dirt, or other contaminates. Surfaces shall be completely dry and frost-free before coating.
4. Dicor Acrylic Coating shall be applied in a minimum of a 2 coats at a rate of 1 gallon per 125 sq. ft. per coat (i.e., 8’X30’ roof takes 4 gallons). Actual gallons required will depend on the type of surface and texture, method of application, and weather conditions at the time of application. All surfaces must be uniformly coated and free from voids, pinholes, or blisters.
5. Thoroughly mix the contents for a minimum of 5 minutes prior to application. Dicor Acrylic Coating may be applied by roller (provided) or brush. Dicor Acrylic Coating shall be applied in a minimum of 2 coats at a rate of 1 gallon per 125 sq. ft. per coat (i.e., 8’X30’ roof takes 4 gallons).
6. Allow to dry for 12 to 24 hours depending on weather conditions.